fraser island // photo diary

Monday, May 12, 2014

Sorry for such a long absence! The last week has been incredibly busy and I have a lot to talk about! From Thursday to Saturday, my amazing geography class went on a field trip to the beautiful Fraser Island for our field report assignment and, oh my gosh, it was the most amazing school excursion of my entire life. *That's also an understatement.* It was so much fun and we made so many fantastic memories. Since it's a World Heritage Site, there's plenty of beautiful places to explore and I took lots of pictures to capture the island's unique beauty. Here's a few of the highlights...


Day 1 // The beach

It was incredibly cold and windy when we arrived, but it was so much fun riding the boat and looking out over the island. On the way back home I actually went up to the wheel of the barge and drove it a bit! 


Day 1 // Lake Mackenzie 

As soon as we stepped off the sand path into the entry of Lake Mackenzie, I knew instantly why it's one of the most famous lakes in the world. The sand was bleach white and soft and the water was completely clear. Despite the overcast weather and bite in the air, it was still beautiful to swim in. The low pH in the water also left everyone's hair and skin really soft!



Day 2 // Indian Head 

The view from up here was absolutely breathtaking. I've never seen anything like it. Laura and Anna are in the pictures with me on the side of the cliff face. It was really windy and cold but it was just incredible. I'd love to have stayed longer


Day 2 // Champagne Pools

This reminded my friend Anna of Spain so much. The water was crystal clear and the colours of the rock against the blue of the ocean was so beautiful and picturesque. Despite it being a little nippy, I went for a quick swim before having tea.


 Day 2 // The Sterling Castle Shipwreck 

This shipwreck was really cool to look as, despite us not being allowed to explore it from the inside - it's so deteriorated and rusted, tetanus would've ensued if someone stepped on something sharp! And doesn't my friend Molly look GORGEOUS up against this back drop?! She's quite the beach babe. 

Unfortunately a few of my photos of Lake Wabby (from the third days adventures) got lost yesterday because I bought a new phone and my data was...wiped (dang it!), so I don't have those photos but it was really beautiful as well - especially the dunes and the reflection of the forest against the water. Fraser was honestly the most amazing place and it was even quite nice to be away from the internet for a few days. I had such a fantastic time with my amazing friends and I'm going to remember the trip forever. 

Back soon with an outfit post! xo

3 comments:

Jenna Leigh said...

i love these photos!!! looks awesome.

http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/

the creation of beauty is art. said...

That looks like a ton of fun! Your pictures are so beautiful :)
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

Lena said...

this is so cool that you got to go here for school! I've never been the fraser, it looks lovely x


frockled.blogspot.com