head in the flowers

Thursday, July 09, 2015

It's not often that you find the time - or opportunity - to arrange gazania's (thanks to my Aunty for identifying them!) in your hair and have your photo taken... unless of course you have a little sister who would do anything to get her paws on your iPhone for a turn at Dubsmash! It's been quite peaceful during my visit at home so far this week. Today I went rifling through the boxes of books in the garage to find the rest of our L.M Montgomery book collection and I'm so glad I did because I have enough reading material to last me until at least the beginning of August (which also happens to be the start of second semester). I also made a vegetarian pizza, played another game of monopoly with my sisters (it was seriously ridiculous... I lost by over 10 million! (definitely a poor reflection of my skills as a business woman!)), watched Call the Midwife on Netflix and picked my subjects for next semester. I had limited options because a lot of the courses I was anticipating on doing were either only available to second/ third year BA students, or only ran in first semester. So, I settled for a classic mix of liberal arts just for something a little different. I'm doing Philosophy, Art literature, English literature and a History course based around evolution. It's going to be quite refreshing I think, after doing such heavily political-based subjects during first semester. I did enjoy them, but they were dry in a lot of crucial areas and it can be hard to get variety in your first year of Arts if you're a picky student. 

I'm pretty excited for the coming weeks... despite having such a hideous string of bad days earlier on, there's still plenty of forthcoming postivity including another dance (I really need to sort out a dress for it!), a wedding, christening and plenty of other social events too. As well as that, my roomie will be home soon from New Zealand and all of our house will be reunited again AND I'm keen for another semester of uni with fresh new classes, some more new friends and learning about things I love :)
--

Patience child, patience. Remember, life is a journey. If you got everything you wanted all at once there’d be no point to living. Enjoy the ride, and in the end you’ll see these “set backs” as giant leaps forward, only you couldn’t see the bigger picture in the moment. Remain calm, all is within reach; all you have to do is show up everyday, stay true to your path and you will surely find the treasure you seek. — Jackson Kiddard 

I found this quote today and thought it had definitely been written for impatient 18-year-olds (*ahem* ME!). I do find myself wanting things to speed up in life, rather than enjoy them in the moment and it's definitely a habit I've been trying to slow. Sometimes I think we underestimate the power of just waking up, going outside and participating in LIFE because without it, how else would opportunities arise! Have a great weekend! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you're having a lovely time of life, and a great attitude! Congrats. It is so easy to wish things were different in life (even for impatient 21-year-olds) but life is definitely a journey. Like they said on the Office: "I wish there was a way to know you were in the good old days while you were still in them." ;)

Bright December said...

The pictures are so cute!!


http://brightdecember.blogspot.com/