tulips // christmas outfit

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Dotti skirt. H&M heels. Witchery sunglasses

I bought this skirt for a number of reasons, mainly because the print reminds me of a watercolour tulip painting I did in year 12 and also because there was a $20 discount off the original price, and I'm a sucker for a price reduction. It's also very pretty, and very festive! I think skirts like this deserve to shine on their own, so I kept everything else in this outfit pretty low-key; white top, nude heals, you get the drill. Oh! And I totally forgot to mention my hair cut! Basically I bit the bullet and got a bob. Best decision I've made in a while... it's very low maintenance and makes me feel very flapper-girl-ish!

I'm finally home for a few weeks and I'm so excited for all the family to be together again for Christmas. The only downside to having a big family is that it is such a mission reuniting everyone because we are all so scattered, but I think it makes time spent together all the more special :) Over the last few days I've been devouring books, watching lots of old films and joining in on the sarcasm and banter exchanged between my two younger sisters. Man, those two have significantly increased their sass levels in comparison to this time last year - I haven't laughed so hard in such a long time! Speaking of which, the youngest has been begging me to play Monopoly for the last half hour and I think it's time to step away from the laptop, crank up Nat King Cole's Christmas album and commit! Wishing you all a happy, safe Christmas, wherever you are in the world. 

3 comments:

Stevia said...

I want your skirt!!!
it's super cute and I think you can wear it all season long :)
love the hair cut too
your curls are ahmazing

have fun with your family, Maria
have a very merry Christmas

<3
Stevia
The Sweetest Escape 

Isabella said...

Merry Christmas!!! Lovely skirt! For a moment I was so confused, thinking you would be freezing! But then I remembered it is summer in Australia, haha! -Isabella

www.indigoritual.com

Amy said...

This is such an adorable skirt! And your hair looks super cute ♥
Amy xx

Little Moon Dragon