Winter, 2017

Friday, July 07, 2017
Hi, hello, how are you! 

Welcome to a *slightly* new and improved Avenue Maria! I bought this blog theme off of Etsy a few weeks ago and despite realising that my html coding is still a bit rusty, I am rather pleased with the outcome. I think one of the reasons I haven't really blogged in the last few months was due to the lack of inspiration and not wanting to sound repetitive. Life has been all but repetitive lately though. I know I say this every year (or at least it feels like it), but I've learnt so much in 2017 so far and it's almost compensated completely for the fact that I haven't been at university for the last few months.

I never thought I would be a "turtleneck person", but alas, I am just that, AND I match it to my lip colour... (well, Abbie's lip colour, I stole it)
So, this is what I look like at the moment - yea! My hair is blonde! It's quite a funny story really, I was kinda coming out of a failed romantic endeavour, so naturally, being the spontaneous female I am, knew that the first aspect of life that had to change was hair. So I decided blonde with natural roots were the way to go. It actually went yellow; like a tweety bird yellow... so that was a disaster. Then the next day at work, I had had it "fixed" (but not really), with an ash toner which resulted in it developing into a grey/green colour. It was a little bit hilarious in retrospect, as devastated as I was at the time. But anyway! After weeks of toning it myself at home, it's finally arrived at a decent shade that I feel I can get away with until my next hair appointment. 

Other news; I finally got my passport, which is such a massive deal for me! I've never been out of Australia before and my first trip will be to New Zealand early next year as my best friend is getting married. I'm deliriously excited (albeit stressed, just a tad, about the finances...) about going across the ditch as NZ is such a beautiful country and also happens to be a Lord of the Rings fan's heaven  so you can bet that I will be doing all the typical touristy things (like visiting Hobbiton, and taking a gazillion pictures). 

Ronan and Beatrice's wedding, July 1st, 2017
Speaking of weddings; I've already been to a couple this year! Two of my old room-mates tied the knot in June and early this month and both were beautiful events that I will never forget. It's very surreal seeing such good friends take such a massive step in life with their partners and it gets me pretty excited about what the future will hold for me in that respect too. For now though, as a 20 year old, I am genuinely quite content being single and doing my own thing... I don't feel the need to rush into anything, especially at this point in my life when I'm so young and there's so much to see and do. 

It's raining in Brisbane currently and I'm sitting outside trying desperately to warm up my hands with a peppermint tea (the first of many, it is only 9:30am after all!). I'm debating whether or not I should take my umbrella and go out for a quick stroll before work and I feel like the decider will actually be the fact that if I do, my hair will look like Hagrid's potential child when I get back... hmm. 
I hope you're all doing well and I'll be back soon - hopefully with some proper, non-iPhone, pictures!

1 // pretty flowers from a local florist to bring some life to my bedside table (I really love waking up and seeing fresh flowers first thing... an expensive, but wonderful thing) 2 // Blonde... and blue jeans... 3 // Benefit brow products, Moroccan Oil and Zara perfume have been recent additions to my makeup/ beauty shelves. 

1 comment:

Jana K said...

guuuurl, slay! you look bomb. i'm lovin' the blonde hair.

where is your gorgeous dress from?