homegrown

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

I don't remember requesting so much time off from work but it was a pleasant surprise opening my roster to see that I had four days to do whatever I wanted! This morning I had brekky with my friend Ellie at a cafe called "The Jam Pantry" in South Brisbane and despite the coffee being slightly burnt (after visiting Brown Dog cafe in Woolloongabba numerous times, I've come to the conclusion that their baristas and coffee blend are the best in Brisbane and no other cafe can compare), the food was  absolutely lovely and because I actually stuck to the gluten free options I didn't leave the place feeling like my stomach was going to explode. Also! Didn't get a parking fine today too which is also a massive bonus. After getting a well overdue haircut in West End I drove to the Sunshine Coast listening to The Last Shadow Puppets and Methyl Ethel the whole way there. My friend Dan introduced me to TLSP and I've become obsessed with their sound ("Miracle Aligner" is a personal favourite).
It was really nice getting back into some photography and editing today too - as always, Tess took my photos and, again, surprised me with how well she knows how to work the settings on the camera and hoisting up her bossy boots in order for us to get the photo just right ("No, don't stand there, the lighting is terrible!", "Your pants look weird, fix them", "Oh that's good, do that pose and stand still again"). I really miss how much blogging used to be such a massive part of my life back when I used to live on the coast. Every afternoon after school I would dedicate hours of my time to get different photos, research new products and work on new ideas for what I would post during exams and busy periods. A part of me wonders what it would have come to if I had stuck with it full time like a lot of bloggers do and I hope one day to be able to do that, as this does make me so happy.  It's a hobby that leaves me with that wonderful feeling of fulfilment. Kinda the same feeling when I eat Mum's chocolate slice, or when petrol is less than a $1.10 per litre, ya know? 

I hope you're all doing well and the weather where you are is as beautiful as it is here! We didn't get much of a Winter in Queensland this year but you really can't complain when you wake up to such beautiful temperatures every day and all the flowers are blooming everywhere.

1 comment:

Ivy said...

You look stunning, girl. Love your new hairstyle and the photos indeed look very pro. ;)
PS: As I'm from the Czech Republic (Central Europe), it is such a cool thing to read about the weather in Australia. Our winters are only grey, wet, sometimes snowy and extremely cold. And with no flowers at all. :D So enjoy your winter in Australia, sounds much better than ours. xx