Dotti dress, thrifted purse, Rubi shoes (again!), WolfCub headband
This post is going to turn out all cheesy and sappy, I just know it! Today I wanted to talk about things that make people unique and special. This is definitely something that I struggle and have struggled with for as long as I can remember. I guess I've found it hard to separate the difference between being a 'freak' and a 'weirdo' and being 'unique' and 'one-of-a-kind'. Everyone has their interesting habits and today, in an effort to improve on my tendency to classify myself as a 'freak' and 'fish out of water', I'm going to share some things about myself that I am totally not ashamed of! So, here we go:
- I may or may not have regular dance parties with my little sisters to Miley Cyrus tunes... yeah, I said it.
- I've had the biggest crush on Gilbert Blythe for as long as I can remember. He's basically my dream boy.
- Tripping over, saying something stupid or embarrassing, laughing at my own jokes (no one seems to find them funny and I'm so confused by that!) are things that happen on an hourly basis.
- Retail therapy is a thing and Becky Bloomwood and I are kindred spirits. Nothing cures a broken heart better than a new dress.
- I make lists. Lists of people to pray for, things I should remember for the future, places I want to visit and well, (you guessed it!), shopping lists.
- I probably drink more tea than water (... *adds that to the list of things to fix*)
- Not ashamed of the fact that I have had one boyfriend in my entire duration on this earth. It was grade one and, well, he kinda blew it. Ugh, six year olds are so 2003.
- I have an obsession with Johnny Cash, The Seekers, Glen Campbell and Kenny Rogers. I'm not even joking - music was about ten times better back in the 20th century.
- Now, I know for certain that I'm not alone in this one: The smell of old books is just SO GOOD. There's a copy of Treasure Island in my room that is just the most delicious smelling book I have ever found. When are they going to make a perfume smelling like old books? Because, I need it. Pronto.
- I get emotionally attached to fictional characters and if they go through rough times, it takes a toll on me too. Exhibit A: Downton Abbey. Julian Fellowes, if by an chance you read Avenue M in your leisure time, I have a message for you: If you kill off one more character from Downton I will cry and drown you in my tears.
- Oh, and there is an Ace Bus in one of my outfit pictures.
What's weird (in a good way!) about you? Share it in the comments below and we can all bond over our strange qualities that make us, us! :) Hope you're having an excellent Tuesday!