my sister's 21st birthday fiesta!

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

After months of planning between Gabi (one of my older sisters) and my lovely Aunty Narns, the Mexican fiesta to celebrate her 21st birthday all came together on Saturday night in a fantastic, colourful way. Naturally, I brought out my trusty Canon and snapped the night away, enjoying the festivities along with my fabulously colourful dress and a yummy coconut cocktail to liven things up a bit (don't worry, I didn't go crazy...or maybe I did?). The night was so much fun and it was really made special with all of the incredible decorations. We had Corona bottles instead of vases filled to the brim with colourful flora surrounded by candle-lit glass wear and rainbow confetti. Streamers and pompoms swung above heads as well as two lolly-filled piñatas for whacking later on and genuine Mexican laser cut flags (thanks to my globe-trotting Aunty Michelle) hung along the windows. 

It was such a fantastic night that ended wonderfully with the nutbush, macarena and an embarrassing 'this is your life' style powerpoint that highlighted the hilarious period of my sister's life over the last two decades. The Mexican theme was an awesome idea and everyone went home with bellies full of taco, burrito, Mexican inspired beverages, perhaps a little bit of tequila and the fantastic birthday cake! My favourite costumes were probably the walking cactus (my Uncle definitely suited it), and the walking taco (posing with me in the first photo). Anyway, I hope you all like the photos, I think they turned out quite well. The colours are just fantastic! I'm a little tired from last night and today... I spent the whole day lazing about doing nothing and now I'm even more exhausted. Tomorrow I will be active! xo


{These were some of my favourite photos from the night ft. family, friends and the friendly piñatas!}

9 comments:

CAT WRANGLER said...

such a cool party! happy birthday to your sista!

Ani said...

What a colourful party indeed!
Looks like you had a brilliant night!

SomeoneLikeYou said...

Oh my gosh, I can't take all of the cuteness! Want to come over to the US and help plan my 21st? :p

Unknown said...

Such lovely pictures! Looks like you had lots of fun, love a themed party :)

Yasmeen x
http://themirroraffects.blogspot.co.uk

M + K said...

It looks like you had an amazing time, and we love the theme!! No party is ever complete without the Macarena!! We love the white dress you're wearing by the way. Very Summery!

http://www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

Unknown said...

The theme is such a great idea for a party, my brother's girlfriend is planning on hosting a Mexicana for her 22nd this year! I should show her these photos, as there's a lot of inspiration!

The taco costume is so cute! And you look so festive and cheerful in your outfit

xx Carina

Unknown said...

ohh so cool photos! looks like you had such a great fun! happy birthday to your sister! :)

Emma xx
http://iemmafashion.com/

Fleur said...

looks like you had fun! I laughed when the guy in the cactus costume appeared on my screen :) genius costume!
xx

Britney @ Scout and Company said...

That taco dress = brilliance! I WANT TO MAKE ONE FOR SOMETHING!