metro miss

Tuesday, March 04, 2014
Thrifted top and skirt, Trade Secret coat, Oasap bag, Kmart shoes 

Autumn is finally upon us Australians and although it may be a little early to bring out the trench, I thought I would anyway because this outfit couldn't be more perfect for a day out in the city during the cold snap. I'm very much looking forward to when I become a "grown-up" and days out in the city shopping, meeting up with friends and running business errands are a regular occurrence. Believe it or not but the top and skirt both costed me under $5 combined (yet another op-shop eureka!) and the trench coat was found on the "clearance" rack in Trade Secret. Sometimes a girl just gets lucky when she needs it most! 

Unfortunately for my bank account my Autumn "essentials" list is creeping up again and I can't help but want a new pair of sunglasses (I've been eyeing off a pair in VOGUE), however the pricing is slightly steep for my student budget so I might flick over to Bonlook, Modcloth or Asos for something a little more affordable. Sunglasses shapes seem to be so fickle! When you finally bight the bullet and buy a super trendy shape - it's out of fashion the week after... 
Anyway, I better cease the babbling on sartorial dilemmas and continue with my English Feature Article. Man, this assignment is driving me crazy. I've re-written it three times now and I'm still not happy with it! Hopefully a tea will help. Have a lovely week xo


3 comments:

Sampada said...

That red lip goes so well with this very pretty outfit! And you're soooo right -- shopping for sunglasses is a pain. I hope you find the perfect pair soon :)

sampzandsuch.blogspot.com

nanawintour said...

I LOVE this outfit! It's so girly and pretty. LOVE. I hope you are well!

S xo

Unknown said...

This is definitely one of my favorite outfits of yours to date! That polka dot shirt/skirt combo is perfect, plus so versatile! What a great thrift find!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/