retrospective

Monday, January 01, 2018
Brisbane QLD, Australia
You all know how I feel about New Year's Resolutions (based on previous posts over the years, however, upon reflection, I did indeed achieve a lot of what I wanted to over the course of 2017 and I find them to be quite positive (if you actually achieve and stick to them :P). Despite it being an extremely difficult year for me - and others - it was also equally rewarding and wonderful. A few highlights would have to have been:


- Buying my first car! Having this freedom is a feeling that one simply can't describe. I can go wherever, do whatever I want whenever I need to and I'm very lucky and grateful that I have a car to use under my name. 
- I lost about 17kg this year. I made huge changes to my lifestyle and despite the process being slow and frustrating at times, it has been wonderful to look back on the progress I have made to develop my fitness and my ability to really nourish my body with the right food. Keeping things in a balance is always important too though, and although I don't do it very often, there's nothing wrong with some brownies and chocolate here and there! 
- I dyed my hair blonde! This was something I never thought I would suit, but now I can't imagine my hair any other colour. I love it!
- Made some wonderful new friends, and left behind friendships too. A lot of my relationships came together and fell apart quite naturally throughout the year and despite being difficult at the time for a lot of the situations, I'm glad a lot of friendships/ romantic endeavours did come to an end. 
- Left my job at McDonald's! This was a recent thing actually! I've been working at McDonald's ever since I was 15 years old, and it's been a very rewarding experience for me. It prepared me so well for all areas of the hospitality and customer service industry and I think it's definitely one of the major reasons that I...
- FINALLY GOT A FULL TIME JOB! A wonderful, new job perfectly suited to my skill set and lifestyle. I am a Campaign/ Marketing Coordinating for a real estate agency and I absolutely love it. It's very similar to the work I did for this blog over the years so I feel very comfortable and although a little nervous still about all the newfound responsibility I have, I think I'll flourish very quickly. 

I'm honestly not sure what I would like to achieve specially in this new year. I just want to remain healthy and happy and safe, and I think that's the most important thing. Anything else will just be a wonderful bonus, ya know! 
What did you get up to on New Years this year? I had a wonderful NYE actually (had my first New Years kiss and it was every bit as perfect as the movies make it out to be!), and despite waking up a little woozy this morning from all the horrendous vanilla vodka we all consumed throughout the previous evening, I still made it to the gym this afternoon and cleaned my room so I feel rather accomplished. 2018 is off to a good start and I'm looking forward to what's around the corner for my 21st year on earth. I'll keep you posted!

 My NYE outfit that I (amazingly!) didn't trip over once in! What a miracle!

3 comments:

the creation of beauty is art. said...

I am so glad you were able to achieve a lot of the things you wanted to last year. Here is to an even better 2018!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Those are really awesome things that you were able to do during the year! Good job on eating better, working out, getting a new cool job, and enjoying your blondness!
+Victoria+
justicepirate.com

Evelyn Louise said...

Oh my stars I think I've found another Kindred Spirit!! Hi there I'm Evie! :-D