snippets from mermaid beach & life

Friday, February 02, 2018
Brisbane QLD, Australia
For some reason, I thought time would go slower for me now that I supposedly have my life together – alas, it is February 2nd already and I’ve been at my new job for a month and I’ll be a 21 year old in a matter of weeks. Weird to think of isn't it? I was only 12 years old when I did my first ever blog post on this platform - and now look where we are! Blogging took the back seat quite a lot last year despite my withdrawal from studies, so this year I’d really love to pay a bit more attention to this little hobby of mine and that started yesterday with a little “revamp” of the blog design in my lunch break.
If you’ve been a reader for a while you probably just choked on your cup of tea (or whatever it is you decide to down whilst you read about my….eventful existence!) because I tend to say similar things every blog post. But bear with me – this will be an honest effort to improve on something that really couldn’t get any worse (I am referring to my commitment here… or lack thereof with posting consistently on Avenue Maria).

I got my hair done again recently with Hair By Nina - she was absolutely incredible. Check out her website here
Fairy lights in my room keeping things as magical and as tumblr-aesthetic as possible... ha! 
Some outfits as of late. Did you know I love pink???

Since my last post a month ago, lots of things have happened. I’ve settled into my new job almost seamlessly and I really really do love it. My schedule is very structured and I feel like I’m living my best life because of it. Gazing into my wardrobe every morning at 7ish thinking about all the outfit opportunities I have is also a bonus, and you wouldn’t think this frame of mind could get any better but often my tummy is full of coffee and banana on toast so I guess it can. A new addition to the social aspect of life – in between going to the gym to die a painful (but rewarding) death in classes, catching up with friends and seeing my family, is the lovely boy who made a presence in my life very unexpectedly. I think that’s how lots of wonderful things happen in life – when you aren’t searching for them. The last two weeks we’ve been inseparable and despite his weird breakfast habits of mixing milk and yoghurt (yes Max, I'm exposing you), he has quickly become my “Liebling” – that’s German for "darling" I've come to know, which he speaks fluently (and beautifully), and any time spent away from him I seem to be counting down to when we see eachother next.

My friends and I decided to head to Mermaid Beach last weekend for some spontaneous "girl time". We went to the beach, the clubs and sat at the apartments laughing and enjoying eachother's company and it was absolutely lovely. 
Hopefully I'll have some other photos up taken with my actual camera soon - I haven't been home to see my little sister in ages, hence the lack of beautiful photography. Not many teens know how to work the canon like Tessie can! 

No comments: