magical world

Saturday, November 05, 2011

With fairy-like complexions, pastels dresses, tiaras fit for a princess and twinkling lights illuminating the room, the models for Louis Vuitton S/S 2012 emerged. The carousel started to turn; the placid, white horses, seeming almost like a scene from a fantasy tale.

I haven't always been an ecstatic fan of Louis Vuitton. I'm not entirely into bold geometric prints and repetitive brand symbols but I really liked the S/S 2012 collection. It was just so beautiful. The carousel, pastel coloured frocks and twinkling fairy lights instantly won me over. Floaty dresses in shades of sky blue, snow white and buttery yellow were accompanied by tiaras, strappy shoes and classic make-up. I guess the fact that I’m a fairy-tale loving, floral-wearing and all-things-girly type, the love for this collection was a given. You can look at the full collection via Style Bistro. I just love these pictures of this carousel!


The weekend has started off quite nicely and although I'm exhausted from a hectic week, I feel relaxed. I'm reading Tuck Everlasting at the moment. A lovely story written by Natalie Babbit. In a nutshell, it is a beautifully written tale of the Tuck's, a family who unknowingly drink from a spring that provides them with eternal life. Determined to keep this water a secret because of the dangers and disruption to the cycle of life it would cause, they live a life of secrecy. This is until Winnie Foster, a young girl stumbles across the spring and is curious to know why she isn't allowed to drink it. The Tucks' secret is eventually told and it is up to Winnie to protect it. One of my favourite stories of all time! 

13 comments:

Karen said...

I would have loved to be at that fashion show!! I love everything about the entire collection!! I can't wait for the pastels to arrive in the stores!!

xox,
karen

www.rubytuesdayfashionanddesign.blogspot.com

fashionwise said...

I love it too ! great collectn !

have you seen my latest post?
http://v-fashionwise.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

the carousel idea was great...so beautiful!

Ellie Burns said...

ahh, i love the carousel idea! looks beautiful xx

Sabina said...

I couldn't agree more about Louis Vuitton. If all they did was make handbags and luggage I'd find their designs a total snoozefest, because I can't take logo-covered anything. But I'm pretty consistently impressed by their clothing. These pictures are indeed very princess pretty.

http://mystylecanvas.blogspot.com

the creation of beauty is art. said...

I love that concept! Such a beautiful show! Following you! :)

http://the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

To Maria your blog is so lovely and pretty. I love your photo shoots and your photographer is probably awesome as well. I love this post its so pretty and graceful your a pretty person who should be acknowledged all the time.:)


Love Your Most Loyal Photographer- Josephine

GoNcha GoNcha said...

great collection.love Carousel.
have a Cupcake weekend;)
http://gonchagoncha.blogspot.com/

Kailey said...

These pictures are just gorgeous - I love that they included a carousel!

Kyla Makay said...

Aw your blog is so pretty!
I am following!
Thanks for stopping by my blog- I hope you follow as well! :D
Yay for new friends.
Makay
www.thebirdssay.blogspot.com

Stella said...

Vuitton show was amazing!

http://thestyleattitude.blogspot.com/

Agnes Deer said...

Loved the pictures of the last Louis Vuitton collection to. And all the carousel thing is just so lovely :) I love that you share with us what you read. I'm a big reader myself so everything concerning books interests me :)

http://fromheretofashion.blogspot.com/

Agnes Deer said...

Loved the pictures of the last Louis Vuitton collection to. And all the carousel thing is just so lovely :) I love that you share with us what you read. I'm a big reader myself so everything concerning books interests me :)

http://fromheretofashion.blogspot.com/