russian red // changing styles

Monday, September 26, 2016

Bonds T-shirt, Forever New skirt + beret, MAC lipstick in "Russian Red" 

I was reading Lauren's blog the other day - one I have been an avid follower of since I was 14 years old - and she was talking about how interesting it has been watching and reflecting on how her style has changed over the years. Some elements are still similar to what she used to wear, but overall, her look has changed. This really brought to my attention my own sartorial choices and how much it's all evolved for me over the last five years. I think at the moment I'm going through a period of my life where I like to keep things pretty simple in everyday life. T-shirts, jeans, skirts and sandals are generally the items I gravitate towards when I'm at uni, or out and about. This outfit here is a very 'Maria' assortment - lately I've been more focussed on being comfortable than anything else, and it's amazing what a bright lip can do to a basic top + skirt combination. This top is a classic Bonds t-shirt;  I love the cut of it, and the fabric is ridiculously soft and comfortable. Finding a top that fits you well if you have a generous chest is often quite the challenge, but I love this one. 

So guys! Two posts in the same 48 hour period (almost!), that's when you know I'm on holidays. Spring has definitely been brought to life for us Queenslander's; there are flowers everywhere and a delicious, non-humid warmth to the air that leaves you craving an afternoon by the pool. This week I have a long-awaited and much-deserved (thank you very much) break from the textbooks and although I am working 3/5 days, it's still going to be a lovely change from classes and assignments and general work overload. In between making coffees, I'll be drinking coffee with friends, I might go to the movies (The Girl on the Train looks rather intriguing), and amusing myself with music, reading and walking the neighbour's dog. Hope you're having a lovely end to September. 


Thanks to my beautiful little sister for capturing these pics for me - who knew a 13 year old could work a DSLR camera to such high quality!

No comments: