"whoever said orange is the new pink was seriously disturbed"

Sunday, July 08, 2018
South Brisbane QLD 4101, Australia

My housemate and her family decided to throw a "USA" party last night and the costume range was quite broad so I decided to go as either Marilyn Monroe, Barbie or Elle Woods. All true (and blonde!) American icons in my opinion. I had a wig to pull off the whole Marilyn look, and a ball dress, but I ended up looking like a turnip when I put it on my head (which is also abnormally large, mind you), so I opted for this beautiful pastel pink wiggle dress from 'That Shop', some silk gloves and a neck tie to complete the look. It was a splendid evening for catching up with friends and drinking ginger ale (non-alcholic.. I was driving).

Anyway! Hi! It's been a while...since May actually. I wanted to check in today as life has been very full on and there's been a few changes. I recently finished up full time work in the office I had began at in January to pursue a more flexible, active lifestyle. I miss all of my co-workers a lot but sitting down for too long doesn't suit me very well so I'm back to making coffees until I figure out my next step. I applied to be a police officer as it's been my dream job for a while now, but unfortunately wasn't shortlisted. As disappointed as I am, I'm still going to apply a year from now. Another year of life experience doesn't hurt!

Other aspects of life are going well - I'm a little bothered about not knowing what to do between now and mid next year when I apply for the QPS again, but at the same time I really need to chill out and remember I'm fresh into my 20s and have my whole life to decide what I want to be. So, I've decided in the meantime, I'll continue to have fun with my friends and family, buy lots of fresh flowers for my room, make cookies, give Max lots of kisses, blog a bit more, go to the gym (exercise has been such a massive part of my mental health over the last year)... and hope I'll have an epiphany! Ha!


1 comment:

the creation of beauty is art. said...

Love the inspiration behind this look! That is a seriously stunning dress.
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com